CELEBRATING THE FUTURE OF SHAKESPEARE
In this exciting anniversary year, we at Shakespeare Schools Festival look forward; we will work to ensure these extraordinary Works are used to transform lives this year, next year and for hundreds of years to come.
SSF makes Shakespeare relevant to all who encounter it; so in 2016 we’re campaigning to show that Shakespeare is for everyone – that All the World’s our Stage.
A range of events and experiences will see our young people playing Shakespeare all across the country; showcasing how our active, visceral approach to Shakespeare transforms people. We will show that the most important legacy of these extraordinary Works is the way that they will continue to unite us, thrill us and inspire us to more ambitious lives.
Our programme of exciting events includes:
- All The World’s Our Stage Gala, generously supported by Bain, on Monday 18th April at The Piccadilly Theatre in London’s West End
- a thrilling opportunity to bring our unique process to teachers in Hong Kong with The British Council and #ShakespeareLives
- performances in Westminster Abbey and Shakespeare’s Birthplace, working with our partners The Shakespeare Birthplace Trust during #ShakespeareWeek
- the launch of our enriching new CPD day SSF Play On - taking Festival teachers even further in their practice and making the Festival journey even more relevant and exciting
- competitions on our website and twitter – don’t miss out on a range of Shakespeare goodies!
- a groundbreaking production of The Trial of Hamlet in November. An event not to be missed.
- The All The World’s Our Stage Festival running from 26th September - 25th November; 1100 schools performing Shakespeare in over 130 venues nationwide to an audience of over 26,000! SIGN UP NOW!
Keep checking back here for more details and regular updates!